Here are 9 questions to ask yourself when you are deciding whether or not to do an activity. I heard these today from a Matt Chandler sermon. He got them from a Mark Driscoll book. Listen to the sermon here. Read about the book here. Read the questions here:
1. Is it beneficial to me personally
2. Is it beneficial to the gospel generally?
3. Will I lose self-control and be mastered by what I participate in?
4. Will I be doing this in front of someone who I know will fall into sin because of this?
5. Is it a violation of the law?
6. If I fail to do this will I lose an opportunity to share the gospel?
7. Am I doing this to help other people or am I being selfish?
8. Can I do this in a way that glorifies God?
9. Am I following the example of Jesus to help sinners be reconciled to God?