If you are a Christian, then you probably know that Christ has called you to be his ambassador. You probably know that it is your responsibility to take the grace and truth of Jesus into the lives of those who do not him Jesus. You probably know that you’re supposed to show up to church events, be involved in outreach programs, and go on mission trips to spread the gospel of Christ. But has it ever crossed your mind that Christ wants you to bring his love and blessing to the place where you probably spend the majority of your week – your job? Too often we get settled into the grind of our everyday 9 to 5 (or whatever hours you work), and we miss out on many opportunities to be a blessing to those whom we work with. If you were to leave your job would the people there even notice? Are things better at your work-place because you are there? Are you actively seeking to extend the blessing of Christ in your work-place?
Here is a link to a blog by Josh Reeves on this very topic. Josh provides 30 very helpful and very practical ways to be a blessing to your work-place. Here is a sampling:
1. Instead of eating lunch alone, intentionally eat with other co-workers and learn their story.
2. Get to work early so you can spend some time praying for your co-workers and the day ahead.
3. Make it a daily priority to speak or write encouragement when someone does good work.
4. Bring extra snacks when you make your lunch to give away to others.
5. Bring breakfast (donuts, burritos, cereal, etc.) once a month for everyone in your department.
Read the whole list here and strive to bless your work-places for sake of Christ.